In with a bang!

In the first week of the new year I volunteered for Hull's City of Culture 2017 opening event: In with a bang! A display of Hull and it's people across the city centre, which attracted 300,000 people in a week time. 



After this great week I left Hull (though probably not for the last time), and took the ferry to the Netherlands to start my new job at NIOZ. The first few weeks have been good and I received a very warm welcome at my new institute. 

On Thursday 26 February I had an interview with Radio 1 Belgium about the effect of melting ice on regional patterns in sea-level change. 

My first co-authored paper of 2017 has been accepted for Earth's Future: "A new approach to projecting 21st century sea-level changes and extremes", with Phil Goodwin, Eelco Rohling and Ivan Haigh.

The coming months are promising to be busy but with lots of exciting events: I'll be speaking at the ECRA general assembly in Brussels, visit the NCK days in Den Helder and prepare to go to EGU in Vienna.