News December 2016

My time in the UK and my postdoc at IMAU are coming to an end, as I prepare to move to NIOZ in Yerseke in the new year. Here's an update of what I've been up to these last couple of months... in tweets!

Seminar in York

Had great day in York, explaining to students & staff about all the different contributions to sea-level change and presenting my Detection & Attribution work.

Paper accepted for Surveys in Geophysics special issue 

S. Jevrejeva, A. Matthews and A. Slangen (2016) The twentieth century sea-level budget: recent progress and challenges, Surveys in Geophysics, doi: 10.1007/s10712-016-9405-z. (Free read-only version at http://rdcu.be/nEr4)
 
Upcoming sea level conference in New York (July 2017)

I've been invited to give a keynote at the WRCP sea-level conference in New York next year. Abstract submissions are now open!
 
Sea Level Spiral

Ed Hawkings, who you might know from his amazing climate spirals, contacted me to make a sea-level spiral: 
 
Hull City of Culture

Finally (not related to research) I got to pick up my Hull volunteering uniform! Even though I'll be moving to the Netherlands in the new year, I hope to be able to join as a volunteer for some of the events that will happen in 2017. My first official duty will be in on 'Made in Hull', which will happen in the city centre on 1-7 January. The program is shaping up nicely and it looks like 2017 will be a good year to pay Hull a visit and see how the city has been changing! https://www.hull2017.co.uk/